Rihla 29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
May 20th 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Annesty International's main goal is to promote justice and fight for human rights. They are invlolved with many contemporary issues around the world that threaten justice or violate human rights. They focus on issues such as women's rights, politics, laws, poverty, civil rights, etc poverty, political issues, women's rights, death penalty, etc. Amnesty International's goal is to provide facts on current issues across the world to keep people informed. They also provide solutions to contemporary issues and provides facts to keep people informed.

I read and article relating to torture and freedom of expression. More specifically, the article I read was about a Deported Palestinian journalist who was tortured when being held captive in Syria. He had been working in Damascus since 1981 but was taken captive during a raid. They had arrested him because of a Facebook conversation he had with a friend regarding the Muslim brotherhood. They had tortured and insulted him for days before he was released.

This made me upset because there is no reason for someone to be tortured and held captive because of their opinions on a certain topic. It violates human rights and I'm glad that Amnesty International brings light to these issues.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb