80 days later.... This is the End.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


HOla,
Well after 80 days of traveling around some of South America, we have finally come to the end. We covered over 8500 miles during our trip in south america, and still probably only saw 1/4 of the continent. A few other dopey facts on the trip; We spent over 150 hours on buses, over 15 hours on trains, and 4 or so hours on planes to cover that 8500 miles. I think we could easily add another 1000 plus miles to our total with all the little excursions we did, mini buses, taxis, etc... We visited 4 countries all with really interesting things to offer. We did form some opinions on each; We both agreed Chile was our least favorite of the 4. Obviously that's just our personal opinion, but we both were surprised about the vastness of the desert, and how it covers so much of that country, the lack of culture we saw, it felt more European than south American, and lastly how expensive it was throughout the country. If we were to go back to SA, we definitely would like to spend more time in Bolivia and northern Peru. We were surprised at how much hostels cost throughout SA. After southeast Asia, SA was surprisingly expensive for the quality of rooms we had.
My favorite part of the trip had to be the motorcycle trip we took. I know C enjoyed it too, but i really thought this was just an awesome addition to our trip, and its something i know ill never forget. The least favorite part for me was the incredibly terrible driving habits of the Peruvian bus drivers!! its beyond my comprehension how they can continue to drive like they do with 50 plus passengers on board, and the amount of accidents you hear and read about with the buses.
And Here are a few last pics from out tour of downtown lima.
Ohh well im done.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb