A Day with Mr Lincoln


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Springfield
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a wonderful feeling! Not packing the Forester and driving less than 5 miles to start our day. However I know there are more 13 hour days on the horizon.

Reflecting back on the trip from North Platte to Springfield, Betty came up with a way to shorten the trip. Try to follow her logic and remember after many hours of driving one tends to be a bit psychotic.

We traveled through the widest part of Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa, so if these states were rotated and we only drove through the narrow part, the trip would be much shorter. This approach is based on her in- depth knowledge of editing photos. I have nothing more to say other than Illinois, Indiana and Ohio have already been rotated for us.

Springfield proved to be a wonderful stop as we visited the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Although the library had an great exhibit, it did not prepare us for the unbelievable displays, animation, movies, and the detailed view of Mr Lincoln from cradle to grave. A full size replica of the one-room cabin he spent most of his youth in acted as the entrance to his early years. There were 4 of these theme entrances (photos to follow) early years, war years (movie), White House years, and why history (movie).

I will try to help Bets make updates, but I don't know when this will happen. Stay tuned for her comments and refuting of mine.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb