Pedal to the Metal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Springfield
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we started our trip across America with great expectations, but 13 hours later pulling into SLC we were wondering "whose idea was this?". Driving across Nevada can have that kind of effect on even the sanest of travelers. There is no amount of lipstick that can help the endless nothingness of Reno to SLC.

However the next morning we were once again ready to continue our journey with North Platte, Nebraska as our overnight stop. 13 hours later we pull into our motel. Not only have we driven over 650 miles, but have lost another hour to time zone change. We only had time for a dog walk followed closely by a "crash and burn". The good news - we are still taking to each other with KC as the go-between.

Our next stop is Springfield, IL where we will spend at least one day out of the car. Now we must face another 13 hour day but no time zone change. As we motored across Nebraska, the overpowering view was of CORN. Field after field of corn. I am thinking ethanol and this turns out to be the fact as I fill-up with a choice of ethanol or ethanol. After spending 3 weeks (days) locked into the seats of our new Subaru Forester, a visit to the Lincoln Presidential Library is a great rest even though thunderstorms are forecast. More to follow and I may even get to use my camera.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb