The end, for now


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » O'Fallon
June 17th 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I’m home. It’s good to be here, but also wish it wasn’t just yet under these circumstances. We had a good time last night in Milwaukee, and visited the HD Museum this morning, and rode to St Louis. Mike moved on towards his house. We parted still on good terms, which is good after being together 24/7 for the last 2 weeks.

While we did not reach our ultimate destination (this time), we still had a great time. We saw lots of wonderful scenery, met some good people, and enjoyed some great roads. We also figured out some things we will do different next time. First is we over packed! While we trimmed the loads down before we left, it was still more than needed, and just a pain to load and unload every day. We saw a lot traveling lighter than us, but also some with more. Also to take the issue of meeting an expensive ferry reservation out of the equation, we’ll sail up, and ride the ALCAN back. If the road washes out, we can just sit and wait for it to reopen.

I ended up with 6240.5 miles in 13 days. Only about 2000 short of the original plan. The bike ran flawlessly, and other than being very dirty, and one chip in the fairing paint, is just like when we left.

I had every intention when we left to post pictures and videos of the days travels each evening. Between slow wifi, and just not having time, it didn’t happen. I have over 1200 pictures, and almost 50 videos. I’ll go through them over the next week or so, and get them posted

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb