CCMA - Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Joliet
September 8th 2012
Published: September 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was much like yesterday, 427 miles, not much traffic to start, but lots of trucks in the afternoon as we got closer to Chicago, and when we got really close – brutal traffic. It rained all around us all day long, but we were lucky and didn’t get any rain until we were at dinner in Joliet Illinois, which is where we are spending the night.



We are really looking forward to getting to Sturgis, which is where we stop riding on interstates with lots of trucks, and start riding on back roads and stopping to take lots of pictures.



If you are following our progress on spotwilla: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=52d150297cb4735c3 you will notice that it looks like we drove a straight line that isn’t on any road. It is because the battery in the device died and we had to get another. It should look better tomorrow.





During this trip, I am trying to get enough National Park Stamps so that I can get the National Park Award from the Iron Butt Association. (Stamps from 50 parks in 25 different states within one year). We went to Cuyahoga National Park, but we were too early for the visitor center, but the Park website said there was a store on Main Street where I could get the stamp. When we got to the address we found a restaurant that was closed.



When we went to the GPS location for Fallen TImbers Battlefield and Fort Miami NHS ? Maumee, OH we found an elementary school. It appears as though getting this award is going to be more difficult than I thought.



I spent a fair amount of time explaining to Bill that Romney is lying when he says that Obama stopped making people on welfare get jobs. I also explained that Obama is not going to destroy Medicare, he is going to save it by reducing its cost, and Romney (and lying Ryan) are going to destroy Medicare by turning it into a voucher system.

Advertisement



8th September 2012

trucks
hope ur bitching about the truck 2 my old man lol ,
8th September 2012

Trucker
constantly
8th September 2012

Started getting the text notifications. Just got to check the locator today, and at first thought you guys were slacking. Then I read about the later departure. I would say your progress so far is strong, keep up the good work.
8th September 2012

goals
It would appear that our goals (leisurely ride through lots of scenic areas) are fundamentally different than yours (maximize distance)
8th September 2012

Oh No!! Discussing politics on the 2nd day of your trip? Keep it friendly guys - got a LONG way to go! No politics or religion...especially on that thingy that lets you guys talk while your driving! BTW, not for nothing but...my bro is right! Lovin' the blog!! Hey Bill - missed having dinner with you last nite (no, not enough to buy you a $45 burger when you get back)...Love ya! Drive safely & enjoy!!
9th September 2012

Massage
Hey Bill, how is your back? I'll bet you'll need a good massage when you return. LOL Be Safe guys!!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb