Icing on the Cake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 9th 2008
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we leave. The last landmark touristy thing to do on the agenda is to visit the Sears Tower. I know it is called the Willis Tower but that just makes me want to know what you are talking about. We get packed and took our bags down to the bellstand to have them held until it is time to catch the Mega-Bus back to Cincy and then finish our drive home.
It was under a mile to the tower from the hotel so we decided to walk. Arriving there we paid for our tickets and waited in the line while watching a video about the history of the tower. Eventually we were loaded into a very large elevator and rode up to the top floor. The view is amazing, if you have never done this, well you should. After getting our fill of heights and the view we grabbed a bite and then walked back to the hotel.
Getting our bags from the bellstand we decided that rather than drag them a mile or so again (mine would not roll, the wheel had worn out on the walk TO the hotel) we would take a cab. Guys, this is always a good idea. Don't make your girlfriend carry her bags GET A CAB. It was a quick ride back to Union Station and the bus was timely. We were soon boarded and on our way home.

Angela and Speck in Grant Park

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb