J-Lo and Justin at the Museum


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 7th 2008
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 dawns, and dawns, and dawns. Speck awoke early and read a book, grabbed breakfast, indulged his dirty and disgusting habit (I really have to quit smoking) and finally not being able to stand it anymore, woke Angela up so that the day could begin. After getting ready and purchasing tickets for the Museum of Science and Industry (a truly incredible place) and getting bus directions from Cynthia (who is wonderful, if I had a front desk staffed with people like her I could have the highest SALT scores of all time) we headed out to see what could be seen.

We hop on the 62? bus that takes us to the museum. A wanna-be comedian boards a few stops later and starts his shtick. Every one looks like an actor or actress, Speck looks like Justin Timberlake, Angela looks like J-Lo (She has the butt), the asian girl next to him looks like Jackie Chan all serious and s^!t..
Infront of the Museum of Science and Industry
. He goes on and on, offers to set the kid next to him up with a black chick, and eventually starts to question the sexuality of every one around him, I guess that he just wanted to know which men on the bus would sleep with him, because there was not a single woman who would give him the time of day. Serious jerk, after debarking the bus Speck remarked, wouldn't it be terrible to spend the vacation in jail for decking a dude on the bus who really deserved it...

On to the Museum! It is a quick process to get thru the Members line and then into the musuem proper. We began with the section on Genetics and after Speck got bored (yeah I did, maybe I need Ritalin) we hit up the mambers lounge and got tickets to the Chihuly glass exhibit, tickets for an Omnimax, and a U505 t shirt, but no tickets for the U505 (I simply must go back, I really wanted to see it...) We wander and wander, Speck is enamoured of the submarine and aircraft carrier and then it is time for the Omnimax (not as big as i remember it being when i was a little kid...) and a movie about dinosaurs. After a the movie it was a wuick bite to eat and then to the Glass Exhibit. It was really interesting and the coolest thing Speck saw at the museum.

At closing time we cornered an employee and asked where the best pizza around was. Edwardo's was the answer and we were off. And even if it was a long hungry mile to get there the pizza was excellent, but no beer... they could not serve any beer because of local regs, it was a cryin' shame...

Another mile or so back to the bus stop and then home we go.

Stopping at a 7eleven (cause its the only place open) Speck picked up another bottle of Reisling and an early night is called, rounded out with a movie.

Museum Steps Railway people Speck is an astronaut Sailor Angela

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb