Chicago, Illinois


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 25th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry again... still no pictures for you guys. We promise to correct this situation as soon as possible! Well, we got an awesome hotel deal for Chicago so we are staying in luxury for 2 days! We have a central location and a great room at the Hilton. It feels good to be pampered sometimes! We did the architectural boat tour of Chicago which was a great way to learn about the city and view it from the river. Chicago is a true architectural marvel. Old and new, all buildings fit together extremely well and have a lot of thought behind their design...and also cost more money than anyone can imagine to live in. We walked to the piers and the millenium park. The millenium park has 2 cool features: a fountain that has a huge tv screen behind a waterfall. The screens go through pictures of random people making strange facial expressions and coordinate the image with the flow of water. The second cool attraction is the "bean". It is a huge stainless steel bean shaped sculpture that has been polished to perfection. You can walk under it, touch it and see a reflection of yourself in it. It is amazing how it looks like it is all 1 piece although it was made from more than 100 pieces of steel. Google it to see a picture....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 20; qc: 90; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb