Hinduism


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The religion I chose to talk about is Hinduism. Hinduism is mainly dominant in India and in Nepal. This religion is said to be one of the oldest religions in the world. The followers of this religion only believe in one God. Believing in one god makes the followers monotheistic. Their moral code is basically to follow the idea of karma. This virtue is that if you do bad things bad things happen, butt if you do good things good things will happen. They also believe that a person is reincarnated so that he or she can fix their karma. It is said that this religion had no human founder which makes it unique. All of the religions that we talked about in class were founded by a person and we know some information on that individual. They pray just like another religion. What makes the religon unique is unlike other religons Hinduism has no commonly agreed set of teachings. Hinduism, like Buddhism, is a more of a way of life than a religon. In the history of Hinduism, God is conceptualised in different ways, as an all knowing and all pervading spirit, as the creator and force within all beings, and as wholly transcenden, which makes this religon or way of life interesting because different Hindus have different thoughts about God.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb