Hammurabi's Code of Law


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 24th 2013
Published: September 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hammurabi's Code of LawsHammurabi's Code of LawsHammurabi's Code of Laws

The actual size of the Code and what the laws look like close up.
A rule that we discussed in the past week was the Hammurabi's Code of Law. The Hammurabi's Code is filled with 282 laws that were written on clay tablet. Hammurabi's code is known for the phrase "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". This means that a person is penalized to a similar degree if he/she injures another person. The SPICE elements that would be affected in our society today would be Social Structures, Political, and Cultural. Social Structures would be affected because there would be numerous amounts of cruel punishments. Law 197 states, "If he break another man's bone, his bone shall be broken". Living by these laws will hurt more people and decrease the population. It will also affect the U.S with political issues. The United States is a Democratic/ Republic country. We have no rulers or people we serve as gods. Americans would be affected in culture because most of our religion is Christianity or Catholic. This will affect how we believe in God and read the bible. Therefore, Hammurabi's Code of Law was useful back then but will be harmful now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb