Code of Hammurabi


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Parts of the Code of Hammurabi are similar to the Bill of Rights in the United States. However, there are many different laws between the Code of Hammurabi and Bill of Rights. In the Code of Hammurabi, one of the laws says if you falsely accuse someone of committing a felony, you will die because of lying. If this law was in the Bill of Rights, there would be less people in the United States because of lying, and everybody will be careful of what they say. The social structure would be the same as it is currently in the United States. Political would be different because the freedom of speech the people have would have changed, and we have to be careful of what we say. The interaction with the environment would be same, but the interaction with people would be different because we would not have the right to accuse people of wrong doings. The cultures would be the same as it is now. The economy might be different because people cannot lie about a person doing wrong to get money for themselves when the person is innocent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb