RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Summarize in 3-5 sentences.

This story summarizes where we were before we had GPS's. Basically, it talks about how we can depict spatial relations in a big context, and how they intergrate our navigational experience. They also talk about how they think that GPS has a lot more problems than using physical maps. They say that it's more likely that if we rely on technology more, then we will build up less of our cognitive maps. This would be a bad thing because then we wouldn't know where to go if we didn't have our technology on us.

2. Explain your reaction.

I pretty much do agree because of the fact that the technology could end up making us forget how to get to our usual places, and if we use it all the time instead of just using it to go to farther out places, it would make us too used to the GPS, then causing us to not know how to do it when we're using a regular car. I disagree, however, because we would still sometimes need the GPS to go to farther out places.

3. How does it relate to class or a future class?

It relates to class because of how people in older times were able to do things without technology so they would always be working, and how our generation right now has all of this technology so we're all basically lazier than the people from the past.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb