is GPS all in our heads?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 20th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

in this article Ms.Frankenstein believes that GPS's helps us lose the ability to navigate comfortably with out the use of technology.Before GPS's we would use physical maps to help us build mind maps. Our mind when going through a new area would pick up on landmarks along the way which helps give us a sense of direction.Now with GPS's we just listen to the robotic voice that tells us where and when to turn. My reaction to this was that it might be true for some people because some people do rely on a GPS to guide them where ever they go but others, like my famliy, still use maps or find their way around town to find places that they need to go. i was taught to go by main streets and use a map when i need to find a place that i have never been to. this relates to our class because we are starting to learn about maps and how they were used to discover new lands that used to be unkown to the people and how they were created based on the adventurers getting lost on their journey to what they thought was the right direction.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb