RIHLA#17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 10th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Some of the reasons why books are banned in schools are because they contain sex, profanity, and racism.

2. I agree with the racism part of this because racism is wrong because it can lead to kids following that, and then they end up being racist today. I disagree with the sex, and profanity part of this because these both are a part of life and no matter what will happen in life, so I don't see anything wrong with them. They are going to be learned either way, so why cover it up.

3. I believe that the teacher should be able to decide what books are taught in school because they are the teacher and should be able to decide what they would like the class to learn about. Also the teacher should teach something that they are comfortable with, and know alot of backround on.

4. There are many things an individual can do to fight book censorship, but one approach they can take is to attend and participate in public hearings, where they can speak out against censorship on books, and possibly get books uncensored.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb