RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. How is Hind Ahmas' veil different from other Muslim veils? Be as specific as possiable.

-Her veil is different becuase it only shows her eyes. Its a head-to-toe veil. This veil is a Niqab.

2. Why is Ahmas unable to wear her veil? How does she feel about this? Explain fully.

-She isnt able to wear her veil because the defenders of the law say that wearing the veil doesnt allow people to fully participate in french society. She doesnt like this because she says that she feels like frence decided to boycott human rights.

3. Defenders of the law (those who support it), have two major reasons for their support. What are they? Explain fully.

-One reason is that wearing the veil prevents people from participating in french society and the other is that it could enable crime or even terrorism.

4.Do YOU think that a government should be able to decide what constitutes female oppression? Why or why not?

- No i dont think the government has the right to tell women what to wear. They should be able to express who they are by their clothes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb