RIHLA #29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Amnesty International



This website has been around for about 50 years now and it is basically a worldwide movement that helps fight the wrongdoings of people to protect human rights. Some of the issues they help deal with are related to prisoners, poverty, the dealth penalty, refugees, little education for children, etc.

One of the majr issues I found was about marrige equality and how it is really a human right that people have struggled with in the past rather than it being a state right. The article I found on the website(www.amnestyusa.org) discusses that President barrack Obama is the first U.S. president to favor marriage equality. The article also states that people being able to marry who ever they want is affecting peope's other aspects of life. The article states that if people do not have the right to equal marriage, this can affect access to health care, which can affect medical status in different situations related to daily lives of others. I can also see this human right having more access to the right-doing of other human rights because more poeple will be happy and won't need to suffer for who they love. The right-doing of this human right can also lead to other countries worldwide accepting this right, which wil benefit LGBT people.

This article I found relates to human rights because poeple should have the freedom to love whomever they want to. Love is suppose to be different for everyone but it seems as though the government can't seem to accept differences in others, which can be seen as sad for a country with already so much to offer. After I finished reading this article, I began to wonder why people have such an issue with this and what is so wrong about letting do others as they please, especially if it doesn't really involve them. I support LGBT rights because I believe everyone is born different which is what makes us all unique and things should stay that way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb