RIHLA 20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 7th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture?

It exposed people to different foods from over the world.





Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow:





Cornbread-Chilli Caserole

Basically you make some Chilli...then you make some cornbread.....and you mash it all together and bake it in a caserole dish.





1. What are the origins of this recipe?

Me and my mom made it one day, just experimenting. And we really liked it.



2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not?

I believe so; my mom is a big fan of chilli. Being African American, we like to eat "soul food" so cornbread is something that all of us like. When we put it together it's really good.



3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not?

YES, because I personally really like food, it makes me happy. I couldn't imagine my taste buds being limited to only certain foods.



4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain.

Food is a huge part of culture because people in different places eat different things. Food helps us to identify with certain other cultures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb