RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?
Modern slavery is different from early slavery because it is not on plantations working, or on a block selling. Though the abuse and manipulation is still there. Instead it is more secretive and is more hard to find.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?
This movement connects to Lincoln because he made slavery illegal in the united states, but sex trafficking is a form modern slavery. Since this is happening without the a persons will to do so.



3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?
The Polaris project is a project that was named after the North Star. This is a hotline that is on 24 hours a day, people call in that suspect sex trafficking in the community and the victims.



4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?
I believe so. I think that is you are doing something that is against your will then it is a form of slavery. Especially sex trafficking, since it requires someone who controls others. An example would be a pimp and a person that is controlled by that person. This is a form of slavery because it is not in a persons will to do so, and they are met with abuse and other forms of punishment if they do not do as they are told.



5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?
Another form of slavery is Child Slavery. This is when children can be adopted or kidnapped to work or be exploited to others. This would be a form of slavery becasue they are taken and put to work, whether it would be working or forms of sex trafficking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb