RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Some reasons why books are banned from high school are because the books have sex, profanity, and racism. Censorhip is the number one basic idea. Want to protect the students.

2.No I do not agree. I do not agree because books are based on what is going on in the world, and if people want to banned book about reality then they are just harming the child even more. By banning books it's like saying banning the news. Everyone deserves to know what's going on.

3. I think High School student should be able to read everything because most of the books that were on the list were books about real world disaters or situations. It's important for a high school student because they can compare themselves to the characters from the book.

4. I think what pressures teachers whether to teach something or not is the controversial idea. Some topics are sensisitve to some students. For example slavery might impact a student more than another or migration. I think teachers think about the student and how the student will react to that certain idea.

5. If one wanted to fight against censorhip I think they would have to name out the important reasons on why students should not be restricted from these books. Like how it can impact a student or how the student can relate to the book.

6. I think the article is right, we should fight for our right to read. No one can't tell us what we can or can't read. We deserve to know what's going on. I feel like the government is trying to hide something or why are they so scared to let us read certain books.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb