RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 5th 2012
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?
I don't really agree with Castiglione's description of what an ideal man is. Castiglione's description is too perfect. They have to be able to be smart, musicaly talented, etc. I do not think men like this exists today. Today a lot of people do not care about education and not to nice. Men are a little more brute amd acts the way they want to. To me they tend to act more defensive, which is the reason why they fight more.



2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?
Castiglione though the men shold act this way, because there was just a huge wipe out in the world. Around half the population was wiped oout, so he though that in this dark hours that they needed perfect people.

3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.
I think it is better to lead through love. The reason being when you lead through love people are able to trust you more, and are confident in what you are doing. People give you unconditional support and will always be 100%!b(MISSING)ehind you. This will also ease their minds on what is going on, because the citizens trust the leader.

4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –
A leader in history that was lead by love was Hannible. Hannible was loved because he was the type of leader that cared for his army and people. He would help comfort his men, let them recover and rest. He was also very careful as a leader, when he fought he would think things through and this would result in minimal deaths and the wounded. Because of this his men trusted him and would always believe in him. Hannible would also encourage his men to fight and to give then courage. This is an effective leadership style because the people will trust you more easer. This is also an effective way of leading because the leader will be supported and followed. Having the trust of the people means that you can be confident of the people you have, because you know you are doing the right things.

Sources
http://www.helium.com/items/699445-the-leadership-of-hannibal
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/hannibal/p/Hannibal.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb