RIHLA #9


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 14th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Veterans day was first called "Armistice day" and occurred in the year 1919. Originally veterans day was created to fill with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the victory during World War 1. However, 20 years later, after congress declared it a holiday, Armistice day was changed to Veterans day. It was changed to Veterans day so that all veterans can be honored, not just the soldiers who died in World War 1. Today in the U.S. Veterans day is Marked by parades and ceremonies. It is still held on the same date. A popular tradition people do on Veterans day is visiting the museum, and Veterans get to go in for free.
Something that stood out to me from this article was the following quote "But something as simple as finding one veteran and saying thank you, it doesn't just light up their life, but it's amazing how good you feel when you see their reaction." I think it is very important to honor Veterans, which is why I am glad Veterans day exist, so Veterans feel appreciated.
After discussing the data in class I realized I need to work harder in and out of class in order to receive a better grade. I need to take advantage of the opportunities.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb