RIHLA #7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 30th 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. Axum, Africa
2.
- Complex Religion-In Auxum the Religion is Christianity, and as christianity was speading Axum was building more churches and monestaries. Also the bible was starting to be re written.

- Social Hiearchy- Axum ad a stratified society where there were upper elite of kings and nobles, a lower elite of lower status nobles and wealthy farmers, and ordinary people including farmers and craftsmen.

- Writing- Axums had a type of writing called South Arabian Script, which is from the language Geez which was spoken. Also the higher authories spoke Greek for trading terms.

- Architecture- There way of showing art was through burial grounds. Researchers have found tombs from elite nobles and artifacts. When tombs were made with monumental stele and placed resembling royal thrones. Settlements were starting to be built that included towns, villages where the building of monestaries and churches followed.

- Agriculture- Near water sources so was part of the futile crecent. Often traded on the Red Sea. Had resources to trade such as gold and ivory. Had huge trade with the Romans.

3.http://archaeology.about.com/cs/africa/a/aksum.htm



Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb