RILHA #6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 16th 2011
Published: October 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
This quote means that what ever you think you can or can't do you are right. You hold yourself back and shut down, so you never will be able to do it. If people live like this, then no one will step out f their comfort zone and be able to do amazing things.

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
This quote means that we can't wait for something to happen in the world. We must be the change we want so we can change it. If we just wait for it to happen then it never will. We need to take the initiative to change things ourselves.

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
No matter what we do, no matter how small, it always matters. Even if we say hello to someone, that person might do the same. There could be a chain reaction and the goodness could spread. Anything positive can help another.

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Christopher Columbus
We must be able to take risks to accomplish our dreams. If we just sit there and do nothing because it is safe, you are not following your dreams, nothing is being accomplished. We must face our fears and leave the though of doubt behind. When we do this, we will be able to do anything because we are willing to risk everything for it.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.”
- B. Olatunji
We never know what will come in the future, but we know what happened in the past. I think this means that we must not take advantage of things because life is short. Don't waist any of it because being here is a gift. The future can not be planned, because it can always change, so always do your best now and make it count.

This journal prompt relates to what we are doing in class because we are learning of Buddhism. Buddhism is a very wise thing. It has many steps to reach nirvana and it is for changing your life for the best. These quotes mean something, it shows how you need to be positive to live your life "right"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb