RHILA #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 1st 2011
Published: October 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. I chose "Education of Homeless Children and Youth" because I was interested in how homeless kids are educated. Education is a career I want to pursue, so getting a sense of how homeless kids struggle to get an education was surprising. There are multiple factors that affect the education of the homeless kids.

2. I learned that the enrollment for homeless kids is really difficult. They do not live in a stable place. The article stated that in some shelter homes the longest a person can live in a shelter home is 70 days so families have to constantly be moving. It is said that it's better for kids to remain in school because It is a safe place and also it allows kids to acquire their skills to escape poverty.

3. This article related ti what we have learned in class because homeless can be compared to the untouchables. Society hardly cares for them. Just like there has been recent help for people for the untouchables there is a program called Education of homeless and youth and it provides a support for the kids who are homeless and it helps enroll in school.

4. I think this motivates me more to be an educator. Because I would really like to make learning for everybody easy to access. Kids should get their education without having to have any barriers affect them. Especially homeless kids because their chances of getting an education is really difficult.

Advertisement



3rd October 2011

Rihila #4
Hey Daniela the article you read was the same as my partner, Katherine. You both had similar comparatives to the untouchables in India, and chose this article for related jobs that connect through children and education. I like how you explained the importance of education and how young homeless children aren't able to have a steady education since they move around a lot. Great article and analyzation!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb