RIHLA #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 18th 2011
Published: September 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. This relates to what we are learning in class because the article is saying how women do not get treated fairly, and the men are the people to make a living and support others. In class we were talking about how in the past, the women were only used to take care of the children and to please the husband. This is not how women should be depicted as. Even though women had that role throughout history, it doesnt mean that everything is the same. Women have developed into very intelligent people, and every woman should know she is not an object.

2. From this article, I learned that people will never have the idea of woman being the money makers in the house. They are always considered a lesser value of men. Even though women had problems with being more independent through out history, today they still deal with these issues.

3. I was very disappointed in this article because it speaks of women as unimportant people. Coming from a female's prospective, it's really insulting to read how majority of men see women. In the article it says that transgender women get paid 1.5% more then they would as women originally. I think that is ridiculous because it should not matter how much a person gets paid based off their gender. As long as they do their job correctly, they should get paid for fulfilling their tasks.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb