GreenBuild - Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 7th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Green Build conference started on November 7th. Bill Clinton gave the opening address at the Greenbuild conference today. it was quite interesting although he didn't really say anything new and exciting. For some reason the Americas are rather fixated on Carbon. Everything they talk about is to do with carbon emissions and global warming. For a country that didn't sign Kyoto that are rather interested in it now. Actually to the detriment of other matters, which is more than a little scary. In true American form they have fixated only on one part of the problem and are ignoring everything else.

The exhibition is pretty interesting. It is amazing to have an entire hall filled with sustainable products and companies. Makes a pleasant change.

The conference itself hasn't been the most fascinating thing in the world. Actually the conference at Citiscape in Dubai was most informative. However it has been good meeting suppliers who can also supply to Dubai.

American television however is just totally scary. I have never ever in my life seen so many advertisements for perscription drugs. The adverts start off by listing a whole lot of symptoms and then ask the viewer if
The Lend Lease StandThe Lend Lease StandThe Lend Lease Stand

at Green Build
they have any of these symptoms, and then advise that if you do you should talk to your doctor about zykovil, or huryune, or fogirutn or whatever the latest drug is called. It is actually quite scary. All the ads over here seemed designed to make scare the americans into buying something. All the news channels spend half of there time telling the country about the latest danger.

God bless america!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Chicago FirehouseThe Chicago Firehouse
The Chicago Firehouse

Where the Bovis Lend Lease delefate lunch was held.
One of the only cranesOne of the only cranes
One of the only cranes

The guys here told me how much construction they have on over here and how many cranes they had. I just laughed!


Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 65; dbt: 0.178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb