Tribulations in Travel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 4th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chicago CanalChicago CanalChicago Canal

View from Chelle's hotel room
Well, the long anticipated trip to Chicago has happened. Chelle was most excited as the first part of the trip involved a long trip in business class on a lovely Emirates plane. Business class was super on the plane. They have the full lie-down beds. And as much champange as you can handle. However I must say that the food was rather average. I took full advantage of the movie selection watching Pirates of the Carribbean 3 (really good), Shrek 3 (OK), High Society (old movie with Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby), and The Princess Diaries (old but ok).

The second half of the trip, from New York to Chicago, sucked! My cheap as company only puts you in business class for flights over 5 hours. So even if you have already been travelling for 12 hours you still get downrated for the next flight. 😞 And I got stuck in a tiny seat beside a lady holding a baby on her lap. And the baby kept squirmining and hitting me. After nearly 18 hours of travelling my tolerance wasn't all that high at this point in time as well.

However everything looked up once I got to the hotel room. Which was lovely.

The bad news was that on the plane chelle started studying for the exam that she had to sit the following day. And she got more than a little scared when she failed the exam! Badly. The LEED exam is way way harder than its GreenStar equivalent. So after panicking a bit on the plane, and a full morning of mass cramming, Chelle proceeded to the exam testing centre. Where she then freaked out sitting the exam. Which was just as hard as the practise version.

However - SHE PASSED!!!! Only just though. 174 when the pass mark is 170. She is totally going to take the pass however. Apparently quite a few people fail , which is really not surprising given just how hard it is.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Nightime Sky viewNightime Sky view
Nightime Sky view

from Chelle's hotel room


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb