Sweet home CHICAGO!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 13th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So when we eventually landed after all the rain on the runway we got our bags and head to our new best friend the CTA which would take us all over the city. Took 2 trains, 2 hours and one spotting of an albino to get to our hostel so by 2am, now another hour behind the UK, we eventually got to sleep in the 'I love Lucy and Liz' room. Slept like babies and couldnt be bothered getting up for free bagels so at 10 we ventured out to find the bean... the bean is a big mirrored shaped... bean called 'the millenium ball' that you can see the city in it... hard to explain but you can look at it for hours! then watched free Opera and saw the fountains in millenium park. Went to Navy pier, got a water taxi along the chicago river, amazing view of all the skyscrapers, it ended at the Sears tower so we grudgingly paid $12.95 to go up... was well worth it though, but a storm came in so it was a bit foggy for a while... went and got amazing chinese for dinner then head to the theatre to see WICKED! SO GOOD! I was in tears at the end, best show I've seen in so long!
Next day we did a bunch of random stuff; chinatown... a small strret, crap, library to sort out the rest of our trip, the magnificent mile... LOTS of shops! and some other stuff... at ngiht saw Superbad, hilarious!
Our last day we went to the Cubs 'Wrigley' field, more shops and then went to a German Market... it just depresed us due to the size of the bier kugs that only cost $4!!
Went back to the hostel to pick up our bags and head in the wrong direction to the greyhound station until a nice man who spotted my san diego zoo bag and told us 'he ran away when he finished school... nice place' that we were on the completly wrong train! Eventually got there and started our 12 hour bus ride to Buffalo... stopping in Cleveland for an hour inbetween!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb