Seattle to Boise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
March 20th 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Angelic volunteersAngelic volunteersAngelic volunteers

Our last night in our apartment for 5 years. Thanks so much to Matt, Erica and Jason in this pic!!
Our first leg of the trip is complete. Tony and I set out this morning from Seattle on a beautiful day (the 1st day of Spring). We headed over Snoqualmie Pass, and said goodbye to the snow and ski area. Then we drove south-east for awhile until we arrived in Oregon. Most of the drive today was in Oregon, and we saw some beautiful and desolate land there. Much of our trip was over the original Oregon trail, which made it very intersting, imagining crossing that land on a covered wagon, rather than a temperature controlled truck! Also, Tony said the Oregon Trail brought back memories of middle school😊.

We just crossed over into Idaho about 1.5 hours before arriving in Boise for the night.

Everything went really smoothly until we got to our hotel, when we had a bit of a misadventure. Seeing as how we are driving a 16-foot Budget rental truck with all of our earthly goods in it, and we are towing our Hyundai behind it, we are unable to back the truck up as usual. So, when we arrived at our hotel (quite ready to get inside and go to sleep), we ended up
More of the volunteers...More of the volunteers...More of the volunteers...

Tim and Andrew. Tim was the "box tetris master" while loading the back of the truck:).
getting ourselves stuck in a bit of a jam, unable to back out or go forward. Tony was quite distressed and ready to just lay down on the pavement right then😊. However, we did manage to unload the Hyundai from the truck, and we will re-attatch it in the morning.

One thing we are thankful for is that the rental truck is getting 10 miles to the gallon, which is better than we had hoped for😊. We are also glad to be in Boise for the night. In a warm hotel room, with a Cracker Barrel less than 3 miles away😊.

More to come!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Our ride...Our ride...
Our ride...

Here's our 16 footer!
Snoqualmie ski areaSnoqualmie ski area
Snoqualmie ski area

I'll miss you, Washington snow!!!
Tucker is tuckered!Tucker is tuckered!
Tucker is tuckered!

Poor little dog, he is quite confused as to all the commotion.
Driving through OregonDriving through Oregon
Driving through Oregon

Beautiful country.
Me drivingMe driving
Me driving

Tony was quite nervous with me behind the wheel!
Almost to IdahoAlmost to Idaho
Almost to Idaho

A small logging town we passed.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

What a beautiful ending to the day.


22nd March 2008

Wow
Tony, I'm with you, I would have been worried about her driving that big ole thing too!
23rd March 2008

Didn't I warn you?
I told you so at the potluck Starla.....watch out for getting into situations where you'll have to back up. But you guys handled it like pros! Loved the pics - keep enjoying the scenery and try a "Waffle House" when there aren't any "Cracker Barrells" around. :-)

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb