Our final day on Oahu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
February 7th 2018
Published: February 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at the crack of dawn determined to squeeze in one last jaunt around the island. It seemed to take forever to get out of Waikiki. The streets felt familiar as if I didn’t need the extreme navigation skills Rio provided the day before.

We had to be back at The University of Hawaii by 11:00 for Rio to tour the campus. My dear friend Lydia connected us with her dear friend Charlotte who is a professor at UH.

The four of us cruised the coast, silent at times, one last absorption of paradise. We stopped in a small little town near BYU Hawaii to have breakfast at a cute little diner, Hukilau Cafe. I think it was the best breakfast we all had the entire time in Hawaii. We briefly stopped at Waimea Falls but didn’t have time to walk up to the falls. We did get out and admire the beautiful foliage and we’re even lucky enough to see a peacock.

Coming back into Waikiki we passed the Dole Pineapple plantation and constantly were in awe of the scenery. I think you could live your entire lifetime in Hawaii and the beauty of it
would never cease.

We arrived just in time to meet Charlotte at The University. She had the vibe of sunshine and I felt Rio was in good hands. Her “any friend of Lydia is a friend of mine” comment was truthful. Charlotte explained to us the tour would be more of a “talk story” tour vs a formal tour. I love that term!!! Rio had a great visit and it gave her one more option for her future.

We returned the rental car and picked up our luggage before talking an Uber to the airport. I love the person who invented Uber, it’s so easy and convenient. Rio did the same from the university and arrived at the airport before us.

It was interesting to me that none of us felt sad. I think our time in Hawaii was well spent. I’d say we maximized our Hawaiian Holiday ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement









Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb