Days 25-28 Waikiki shores


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Volcano
October 5th 2019
Published: October 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Days 25-28 Waikiki shores

Tuesday was a long day at the beach. Nice swim and snorkel and throwing the gridiron ball with Josh, Tom and Ben. We all copped a bit of sun, so the afternoon was a little slow indoors l, while Kym had a pedicure.

In the evening we had chines take away in the condo with another great view of the sunset.

Wednesday we hired a car and went for a drive around the island. Susie drove brilliantly and ben’s navigation was accurate (and informative). We had a nice walk along sunset beach and then a great swim at the famous Waimea bay where the waves were powerful but fun to contend with. Every so often we hit the sand fairly hard. Ben josh Tim and Zoe swam with a turtle just beyond the waves. Very impressive.

Lunch was at a great Mexican restaurant in Haleiwa.

We then drove back to Waikiki on the very busy freeways.

The kids had cheeseburgers at the condo while the adults went out for a lovely Japanese meal at the Marriott to celebrate mike’s birthday!

Thursday was shopping morning at the Ala Moana centre. Gives chadstone a good run for its money!!

In the afternoon it was time for our last Hawaiian dip. Beautiful temperature as always. Then take away pizza on the balcony for our last sunset!!!

Friday morning was up early to pack the room and catch the bus to the airport!!! We left Hawaii at 10am Friday 4 October and arrived in Sydney at 5pm on Saturday 5 October.

The four week odyssey is over (almost - we still have to get to Melbourne).



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb