Hawaii Day 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
June 26th 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the historic town of Heleiwa. We got there at noon, and tried food from the food trucks for lunch. The taste was just as good as the one in “Blue Water Shrimp and Seafood”. The shrimp was the same size as the blue water shrimp, but it was spiced differently. It was the perfect combination of butter and roasted garlic. I could really taste the creamy butter (not those fake ones they give you in red lobster) and the garlic was perfectly roasted.



We then went to Matsumuto’s grocery store. In there they sell souvenirs, but more importantly their famous “shaved ice”. I was expecting snow cone, but it was not even close because the ice is shaved and the consistency was almost like snow. Because of that, whatever syrup you pour into it will nicely mix with the shaved ice. We both had coconut cream shaved ice. It was better than ice cream. It’s too bad I can’t have it back in Vancouver.



After that we wondered around Haleiwa to find a Kayak rental place. I think we must have driven back and forth on the bridge in Haleiwa about 4 times. We also purposely got lost just for the heck of it, also for the slim chance we might find a kayak rental place. Instead we found a beautiful pristine beach with no people and no buildings around. It was like the scene in castaway where Tom Hanks was stranded on the island. There were only big waves and white fine sand, oh and the mountains in the back. We gave up looking for the Kayak rental place in Haleiwa and we headed back to Honolulu. We just rented a kayak on Waikiki beach instead. Which wasn’t bad, but I wished I could have explored more of the ocean, instead of being stuck by the boundary of buoys.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb