Our Last day!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
May 23rd 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is our last day before we have to head home! We got up early as we had to be at the Aviation Museum at nine. The man was waiting for us. He showed us where he would be doing the interview then Mark, Barb and I just wandered around the museum and had coffee. About an hour or so later Bob and Bob(the man that did the interview was Bob too) came and he took us to the second hangar the Navy has given them. They will do the second phase of the war there. They hope to get a B-24 but said there are only two that they know of. There were bullet holes in the windows from when the Japanese attacked. Amazing! They want us to send them a copy of the plans Bob drew while in Kansas of the hydrolic system of the B-24. The Navy used it in their handbook but Bob never got a copy. After the break they went back and finished the interview. Bob was very nervous about it and didnt sleep much the night before. Said it made him remember things he has worked at forgetting. They were so nice and said we would receive a copy of the interview in about three weeks or so. I am anxious to see it as are the kids. After it was over Bob just wanted to go back to the condo and he was asleep in two minutes after he laid down! Slept an hour or so. Later we met Dave and Linda at the Halekalani in the House Without A Key. Was so nice to see them and we all had a nice dinner and visit. We walked back to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and visited there then they came to our place to see some pictures. All in all, it was great. Mark and Barb were wonderful to us. Was sad to leave but we have great memories!! It has been fun sharing our trip thanks to Barb. Aloha and good-bye for now. I have enjoyed the comments so much! Thanks to all that sent to all that sent them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb