Naked body surfing...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
June 25th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Off for a MexicanOff for a MexicanOff for a Mexican

Yvonne, me and Anne
It was the weekly Sunday tour trip to Big & Small Beach for a chilled-out afternoon. Me and Mat headed straight over to Small Beach and I did some cool body surfing - really getting the hang of it - who needs a board!?! I even went commando (well, when in Rome, etc) - who needs a board.. and who needs shorts!?

Met some ‘Brits’ who had just got to Maui and had been in South East Asia. They told how they had been ripped off badly in Cambodia, crossing the boarder. Huge long delays crossing, the bus breaking down repeatedly, the driver insisting on only dropping them at his family's hostel, told to exchange their Thai bar for Cambodian cash (and loosing 30% of their money in the process) and all this was from a 'luxury tour bus company'...

Anne and Holly arrived later, they had been on a snorkel tour at Molokini (another thing I had wanted to do) and seen a shark and been stung by a jelly fish...

Holly, Anne, Yvonne (a 30-year old Philippines lady, who looks 19 and laughs at anything - very funny lady) and I went to get something to
Drunk on someones drivewayDrunk on someones drivewayDrunk on someones driveway

Yvonne, Stef, Anne, Me, Mat & Holly. Not long before the police turned up...
eat before the sunset. We went to a really nice Mexican place and I had a burrito. In true American style it was so big I could only eat half of it! We drank lots of Corona and Tequila while we waited - they messed up our order! We got a load of drinks free but missed getting back before the sunset! Doh!

So back to the hostel for booze and hot tub. About 10ish Sheena (hostel manager) kicked us out for being too noisy. So a load of us just walked up the road and plonked our arses down in someone's drive to carry on drinking. I met up with a couple of drunk local guys, one of which had his head cracked open - 'ice' deal gone wrong apparently...

Finally the police turned up, causing most the Americans to crap themselves - US officers normally very strict on drinking in public and if you’re under 21, etc. He just moved us on, back to the hostel, so that was the end of the night for us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb