Day Uno


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
November 19th 2009
Published: November 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys. It's the first day on the Hawaii trip. We got here by plane. Had to leave our house in Tucson around 4:00 am. It wasn't too great, especially since I'm most definitely not a morning person. The airport in Tucson was fine. The flight to LAX was fine. All in all it was all fine. The plane to Maui from LAX was huge. I loved it, but it grew to be too long of a flight. I got bored in the last hour. We got in Hawaii around 1:00 pm. It was hot and humid and windy, but it was still awesome. Suprisingly enough baggage took a while, but after that we went to eat at Denny's. Now let me tell you, everything on the island is soo much more expensive than the mainland, gas and food included. I was suprised. It was your average Denny's. We decided to buy in bulk, so we went to Costco and bought food and supplies. After that we finally got to the condo which is the Maui Sunset. It is in Kihei. Overall, our specific condo is really nice. It was well furnished and had good utilities. The only bad thing was that it had ants, but I think a lot of them do. They don't bother me that much. We had some extra things in our condo like beach towels too. All of the rooms are nice. Outside in a semi-enclosed courtyard area is 8 grills. They are gas, and work very well. Some bonuses as far as the overall place we are staying is that there are 2 shuffle boards, a tennis court, and a pool. The pool is very big, but kind of cold. There is a beach on the property, but it is kind of gross. I would definitely go to a different beach. The best thing about the condo is the sunset. Each condo has a balcony (ours has a table and 4 chairs) that you can sit on to watch the sunset. Most people do. The sun sets on the ocean, and it is beautiful. I would definitely recommend staying here. The condos are affordable (between $150-$200 a night for me) and are nice and easy to get.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb