Surf time at MAUI!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
December 28th 2006
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Maui will always be dear to my heart, it is the Island where i pushed myself, i challenged myself to the limits, there was a chance i may not even return.....it was the sight of my 4000ft volcano Haleakala extreme BIKE RIDE....oh yes......but more on that later!

Firstly, because the place we were going was so small, our huge vessel couldnt dock, instead she was left for the day just bobbing off the coast, in the meantime for us to get to land - we had to use the tenders. I can feel a challenge coming on....with my recently documented sea sickness, i was, to say the least, a little optomistic about boarding this wee boat......but to be fair i was fine. Maybe its just big boats i have issues with?? Who knows.

Maui was delicious. First impressions when you get there is wow this is stunning. There are little sleepy villages in awe of this scenery of mountainous volcanoes that surround them. Simply stunning, honestly fell in love with the place the second we got there.

Looking back i was gutted we only got to spend 1 day exploring at Maui......but my goodness.......what a day. First thing
At the peak of HaleakalaAt the peak of HaleakalaAt the peak of Haleakala

Just call me Emma the volcano conqueror! xx
on the list.

1) Drive up 4000ft to peak of active volcan Haleakala
2) Come down volcano on bike wearing some serious protective clothing.
3) Recover

You can see from the pictures how much fun this was......bloody scary.....but such good fun. Me and big Iv are always up for a challenge. This one was like no other. Just brilliant. Weather was good too (bonus)

While we were off causing havoc up volcanos the other memebers of the Thomas Clan were of doing a spot of whale watching. Cant say much about this as i wasnt there but the pics are good. My Uncle Keith decided he'd had such a good day and the experience would live with him forever, that he should celebrate so treated himself to numerous cocktails and a cheeky cigar off the back of the ship......the rebel!

Maui, if you get the chance - go! I was just brilliant!

Next another overnight sail to........


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Half way downHalf way down
Half way down

Must of been dangerous - look at what they dressed us in!
On our travels again...On our travels again...
On our travels again...

You get some cracking sunsets over the Pacific
The beastThe beast
The beast

Dont worry this isnt the bit you bike ride down
SunburnSunburn
Sunburn

You underestimate the power of the sun in mid December!
The gang at the NormandieThe gang at the Normandie
The gang at the Normandie

We got to eat some reat food, this being some of the best. We also got to feel like royalty - you can make out frm the picture that we were sat in the VIP wine cellar


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb