Spectacular Beauty of Marine Life: Fish, Coral, Turtles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Big Island » Kailua-Kona
January 18th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Susan had planned a snorkeling day for us but the winds and high surf were not cooperating and Kahalu'u Bay was closed. We were disappointed. Susan tried to "sweet talk" our way in but the life guards were having none of it! So we went back to Kona Resort and changed into street clothes - we were dressed with swim suit under shorts and T to be prepared to snorkel!

There was a short "rest" period during which Susan learned Kahalu'u Bay was now opened - High winds and surf had died down. Being very close to our scheduled time for lunch at Keauhou Beach Resort, we went to lunch. Susan said perhaps we could go back to snorkel in the later afternoon after our walking tour of historic of Kailua-Kona.

On the walking tour, we learned about the shopping areas, Catholic Church grounds, trees and plants along the way, and where we were going to have dinner tomorrow at a Thai Restaurant. Susan and 2 couples decided to go snorkel but John and I decided to swim in the Royal Kona pool with the turtles painted on the bottom. Soon the "Bar Fly 5" met to have before dinner drinks. The sunshine was lovely and we enjoyed good conversation. That led right into dinner and Susan's preview of tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb