Woods Hole Shelter to Baggs Creek Gap


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia
April 27th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Walked past the Ranger's Mountain Camp today. There was a Blackhawk flying resupply missions in the area and then there were the aggressors harassing the students here and there. All bringing back memories. Weather last night was fair with some light rain and mild temps. The morning started out foggy and we had no view from Blood Mtn, the highest point in GA. From ther we dropped down to Neels Gap. This is famous for being the only building the AT goes through. There is an Outfitter who has a very profitable business re-outfitting Northbound hikers. We picked up our first resupply mail box, made a few phone calls and hit the trail again.
I had packed some flat bread before the hike and ate it last night for supper, there was a problem with it and now have a light case poisoining and have lost maybe five pounds since midnight. No hot supper tonight for me. Set up camp early and hit the bag for some rest. By the time CC decided she was hungry, rain had started and the food bag was 20 feet up in the air on the bear rope. It is starting to blow a gale out there and has the look of a real long night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb