Second half week one


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
January 8th 2005
Published: January 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

January 8, 2005, Saturday. Our destination today is a fun trip to Lazy 5 Ranch. We took a horse drawn cart, with buckets of food for the animals. The “Lazy 5” is chock full of hungry animals: water buffalo, giraffes, goats, pigs, deer, etc. etc. It was a neat place for the young and the “young at heart”.

January 9, 2005, Sunday. Off we go to Savannah. We had reservations at Skidaway Island State Park, a few miles SE of Savannah. We managed to get in a short bike ride along a nature trail before dark.

January 10, 2005, Monday. We drove to the outskirts of Savannah parked the Bothan and headed out on our bikes, to explore. Lots of lovely squares, mini-parks, with huge oaks carefully draped with Spanish Moss by mother nature. We biked to Bay Street and River Street for a wonderful view of old Savannah.

Bob located the house from the movie, “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” as well as the bookstore. We hooked up the bikes and drove to Tybee Island, stopping at Pulaski Fort. Biking on Tybee was fun, seeing the gulls flying and the surf pounding it was a good day.

January 11, 2005, Tuesday. We are on the road again, headed to Amelia Island. Stopped along the way to visit an old plantation.
We have reservations at Ft. Clinch State Park. When we arrived there was enough daylight to bike and walk the beach some.

January 12, 2005, Wednesday. Wanting to see sunrise, we were up and down to the beach early, early. Just before dawn some clouds and fog moved in but it was still a nice experience, as we walked the long fishing pier.
We drove into Fernandina Beach and found a nature trail to bike then on to the main beach. The weather is unusually warm high 70’s. We biked into the town visited some shops and biked back to Ft. Clinch. Bob was off to do some mountain biking, while I opted for some reading on the beach. What a luxury in January!
Bob got his kite out and we had some fun flying the kite on the beach. Back to reality, time to do laundry, clean the bikes etc.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th January 2005

Fub abd interesting
Quite nice choice to share your adventures, dear Bob and Maureen, and high tech. I am passing the blog to Carol and we stay up to date. Happy and safe traveling. Love, Ettore - Ettore
19th January 2005

Darn!
My other comment disappeared so I will add this one too.. Just wanted to say Jim and I bicycled around Savannah also last March. The traffic was challenging! Joan
19th January 2005

Enjoying your travels.
22nd January 2005

Ray
Thanks for the card. Ray arrived home fri eve and is able to do the stairs and sleep in his own bed and enjoy my cooking. Needless to say he is glad to be back!! Will do outpt PT and OT for 6 weeks. Lots of snow right now. I will cr. x ski in Schenley Park tomorrow. Cheers and have fun! - Martha Raak
18th May 2005

Wonderful Savannah
Enjoyed your travelogue. Got interested in Savannah, Georgia from the community website www.savannahshappenings.com. Your travelogue further fuels my interest in the place. - Suzee

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb