Masters Tournament 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Augusta
April 11th 2013
Published: April 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wow! Having watched the Masters Golf tournament on TV for years, I had no idea how much more beautiful Augusta, Georgia is in person. The fairways and greens were so sculpted they looked fake. We looked and couldn't find even one weed. It started out as a beautiful morning and just continued to get more beautiful as the day wore on.

The azaleas were blooming in profusion. Whites, pinks, reds, purples, salmon colored...Beautiful. There were dogwood trees in bloom too. Whites, pinks and yellows. The magnolia trees were covered with lavender wisteria blossoms hanging from the trunks. Everywhere you looked there were flowers or flowering trees.

We walked into Augusta National and immediately saw the huge "Masters' scoreboard. It has flags on top from every country that has a player involved. We walked up along the rope near the clubhouse and sitting under the enormous Oak tree was Condoleeza Rice wearing her green jacket sipping sweet tea. She is one of only two women members of Augusta National. We also saw Jack Nicholas and Ben Crenshaw under the massive Oak.

We decided to walk the course from 1-18 and never regretted it! It was the most beautiful walk on the most beautiful golf course I've ever seen. The sand traps were brilliant white and huge. The water features were so natural they looked as though they had been there forever. We saw Tiger Woods, Tom Watson, V.J. Singh, Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson.

We had the famous Masters pimiento cheese sandwiches for $1.50...delicious! We got to see the front of the clubhouse and looked down Magnolia Lane. You can only drive down Magnolia Lane if you are a member at Augusta. Only members can come in the front of the clubhouse. It was like being at the Disneyland of Golf! Check that one off the bucket list!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Condoleeza RiceCondoleeza Rice
Condoleeza Rice

There are only two female members at Augusta. They are the only two women who can wear the green jacket
The Eisenhower CabinThe Eisenhower Cabin
The Eisenhower Cabin

This is where Ike stayed each time he plaed Augusta
WisteriaWisteria
Wisteria

You can see the thick trunk of the wisteria
ClubhouseClubhouse
Clubhouse

This is the backside of the clubhouse and the enormous Oak tree


31st May 2013

The Masters
Wow, that is very cool that you went to the Masters. Very cool. We will have to read some of your other blogs.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb