Fall Fun - Oct. & Nov.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
October 9th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Manhattan CondoManhattan CondoManhattan Condo

At midnight on October 1, we welcomed in the new management company with our neighbors. Here is Rich and Andrea DeLuca, Arden Cornwell, and us.
Brazil was great and now we were home again.

The Month of October was kicked off with a celebration of the end of our Condo relationship with the original management company and the beginning of a new relationship with Community One Associates. A few of us met in the lobby at midnight to welcome the change.

Before hitting the road again, we spent more quality time with our children and grandkids. We attended "Grandparent's Day" at Lakeview where we have six of ours. This was our third or fourth time to attend this event.

We also attended Jack's football game in Gainesville. He played great. In fact, he made a game-saving tackle when the opposing team went for two extra points after scoring near the end.

Then it was time for a road trip to Birmingham, Alabama and Philadelphia, Mississippi on October 9th. We picked up our friends John and Carla Maguire at their place in Birmingham and drove over to Mississippi for some gambling fun.
Jack and Marion McKee met us at the casino. John had worked it out where we were given a free night in the hotel by telling the staff that we were
Grandparents' Day at LakeviewGrandparents' Day at LakeviewGrandparents' Day at Lakeview

If you look close on the first row you can see Claire singing.
"High Rollers." Later they will discover that Jackie spent almost all of her gambling at the 1-cent slot machine. Our friend John did better. He won $9,000 on a $10 slot machine only minutes before we left to return home.

The rest of the month was family events. We attended Ted's school Fall Festival where they had arranged a petting zoo for the kids. They also had a pumpkin patch and hay rides.

Throughout the summer and fall I spend lots of days playing golf with brother, Lamar, better known as Punkin. When I wasn't golfing or traveling I was drawing. I have grown to love to draw and think that with more practice I will be pretty good at it.

This is the last blog of the Year 2009 for me. I plan to use the blogs to print a book for the year. We had a great trip to Brazil and I considered printing the blog for only that trip. But we had so much fun throughout the year with our family and friends that we decided to capture much of it in a book.

Hope you have enjoyed and stay tuned for 2010.
Grandparents' Day at LakeviewGrandparents' Day at LakeviewGrandparents' Day at Lakeview

Emmy and Caroline are with us in the stands watching the others perform.
It should be another wonderful year for Tom & Jackie Dorsey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Visit to see Marmee and PapaVisit to see Marmee and Papa
Visit to see Marmee and Papa

Here is Claire in our condo.
Jack's Football GameJack's Football Game
Jack's Football Game

We drove to watch Jack play on October 3rd. They won a close game. Jack made the game saving tackle to keep the other team from tying the game late in the game.
Enemy TerritoryEnemy Territory
Enemy Territory

Road crew heads to fine dining at Dreamland.
Enemy TerritoryEnemy Territory
Enemy Territory

We stopped for lunch at the famous Dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa, Ala. This is in the Heart of Universary of Alabama territory. Every photo on the wall was related with most including the legendary Bear Bryant.
Casino FunCasino Fun
Casino Fun

Here's Jackie showing off her winning receipts. She played the $0.01 machines all day and won lots of money.
Casino FunCasino Fun
Casino Fun

Are you believing this? John had just won $9,000 on this slot machine.
Casino FunCasino Fun
Casino Fun

Here is the lady that paid John his winnings. Yes, it is safe to say he is happy. She got a good tip and is happy too.
Ted in School ProgramTed in School Program
Ted in School Program

On the 22nd October, we joined Melissa at Ted's school for their fall festival.
Ted in School ProgramTed in School Program
Ted in School Program

Here's a happy Ted and happier Papa.
Emmy Dresses like PapaEmmy Dresses like Papa
Emmy Dresses like Papa

On Nov. 6, Emmy was required to come to school in a costume. She chose to be me. Here she is posing as a football player.
Emmy Dresses like PapaEmmy Dresses like Papa
Emmy Dresses like Papa

Here is Emmy in her Papa business pose.
Golf PartnerGolf Partner
Golf Partner

Here is Lamar at the Little Mountain Golf Course. We played it many times over the year. He always wins taking my money each time.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb