Getting settled


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta » Midtown
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spend the last couple days getting settled. We paid our first rent and actually did laundry at the apartment. We will move our 'stuff-mainly clothes' in Tuesday and actually sleep there. We only agreed on one month to see if we like it. It is a basement apartment and although it doesn't look like a basment, there could be some dampness. Anyway, we did laundry; I had more paperwork to complete. We had a late lunch, got gas and headed back to the campground. We took a walk and sat by the lake. Ducks from across the lake heard us and came swimming over, got out of the lake and walked up to us. After a few minutes since we didn't have anything to feed them, they got back in the lake and swam away. We called Bella and Lola. They are excited about this weekend-so are we!

I was soaking wet by the time we got back to the RV. I also have about 12 mosquito bites. I'm glad to be here and it will be an experience but I do know why I love the west. I took a cold shower, put my jammies on and scratched my bites. We watched the RNC and it was a great night. Wow-Marco Rubio is amazing. I wish he was the VP candidate. Romney was great too, but Clint Eastwood was hilarious! We didn't get to bed until late again because of the convention.

We got up around 8:30, had coffee, packed up and we are driving to Bryson City, NC, about 160 miles NE to pick up Bella and Lola. We have the RV and we are going camping! It's a beautiful day. It is nice to be in the Smoky Moutains again. So much time during my childhood and early marriage was spent here. Ken's parents owned a cabin (that Ken built much of) in the Smoky Mountains. We spent so many weekends there. His mom sold it after Ken's father died in 1980. It's going to be so nice being able to spend weekends here with our granddaughters!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

DucksDucks
Ducks

Stone Mountain Campground
DucksDucks
Ducks

Stone Mountain Campground
DucksDucks
Ducks

Stone Mountain Campground


Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb