Flying North!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
June 18th 2015
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sky dancers, Team 31 departed Opa Locka on Tuesday morning with clear skies and beautiful weather.

First stop was in New Smyrna Beach for fuel: both the plane and the pilots needed to be fed! nite: great burgers at the restaurant by the airport!)

Next stop Lumberton, North Carolina , where the welcome and hospitality was more than expected. Troy stayed after hours to assist in parking the plane , loaning us a crew car , and directing us to a nice hotel for a good nights rest. Great dinner at Candy Sue's in downtown Lumberton, and than back to the plane for our next leg of flight.

Several hours later, we landed at Stafford Regional Airport in Fredericksburg,Va., where the race starts this coming Tuesday, June 22.

Lots of racers already at the airport with just a few battling the weather through Texas and Arkansas to arrive in time for the start.

If you would like to follow the actual race, and all the racers, follow along on: http://track leaders.com/arc15.

Our actual spot finder throughout the race will be :

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/view spots. Jsp? glld=0iAqPJhmkUlkkO1RN8y3vHWUO

Now, today, comes or confirmation of our credentials and our airplane inspection!

Keep you all posted as we continue to get readybfor the 2015, Woman's Air Race Classic!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



25th June 2015

wow
The skydancers have really made some good time today. We all are all cheering. Nicky does still hope for one last duo walk before Q WE FLY OFF NORTH. LOVE

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb