We're in Miami, bitch!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
July 31st 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Miami.... This place reminded us a little of Hawaii crossed with the Gold coast, and then on steroids. Ange's fav place so far.

Let me start with the hotel- the most AMAZING place we have stayed at. Highly recommend the Z Ocean Beach Hotel rooftop suites. Bose in the rooms, rooftop spa, two plasmas, most amazing view... pics to follow in due course.

The strip along south beach is very lively for the Sunday sessions. We stopped at a place with a live band, buckets of beer and frozen cocktails to make the humidity bearable. A lot like KNX weather. A low key night but a great night.

The next day was full of shopping, lunch at a stereotypical diner, segways along the beach front ( of which Joel took bark from a tree.. Those things don't stop well when you are going fast). Then relaxing on private sun lounges at the beach, where apparently clothing is optional...

Dinner was at a great little place on the main strip where we had the best reef and beef platter for two. Lobster, prawns, three steaks, calamari and all the sides. Food in the US is lethal.. A few more cocktails and Ange was done for the night, leaving Nath to feature with the boys.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb