Day 7 – St Augustine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
March 22nd 2017
Published: April 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Each time we walked over the bridge today we looked eagerly for the dolphins, but they did not reappear. It was great to see them yesterday though.

Today, we caught the shuttle bus from stop 16 to the Alligator Farm. Neither of us knew what to expect, but we were both pleasantly surprised.

The park has many huge open spaces full of alligators and crocodiles etc. Dotted around were machines where you could buy food for them for 25 cents and the animals seemed to know where these machines where. They did look to be very well looked after and fed, as they were not really that interested if you threw feed towards them.

There were also a couple of areas exhibiting other animals and mammals from around the world which were very interesting. Up in a lot of the trees were many pelicans and egrets.

The park also has a zip line and rope climb that spans across the top of the park. We saw quite a few people looking very scared as they completed the circuit. This was not for us today.

Once finished at the park, we waited just a short time for the bus which then did a circuit of the beach area and briefly visiting the lighthouse. We decided that the 195 steps to the top of the lighthouse would be too much in this heat.

Another walk along St George´s street, and this time we stopped at The Bunnery Bakery and Café. We had just planned on coffee, but their cakes looked irresistible, and were as tasty as they looked. They also did hot food which also looked very nice.

We had thought about doing one final circuit on the trolley today, but decided that we had seen it all and so just headed back to the hotel.

We did not really feel like dressing up today, so got the car out again and headed back to Panda Express Chinese restaurant on the main road. Had a different selection of meals today, but still all really tasty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd April 2017

Alligators
Another good day. Looked really interesting but there is no way you would have got me that close to a alligator, lunch no not me. Glad you enjoyed you panda Chinese again. Think you need a chill out day I am exhausted just reading them
26th April 2017

George is the new Crocodile Dundee of Tenerife :)

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb