Florida vacation 09


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DinnerDinnerDinner

Out for dinner on the town with Shannon & Matthew
FINALLY, its summer 2009 and i am on my way to St.Augustine beach,Florida ( the sunshine state). I cant even explain how excited i am because this year i got to bring my bestfriend with me, Shannon. 2 weeks of just tanning on the beach and swimming in the warm ocean with out a care in the world with my bestfriend, i couldn't ask for anything better. After a long 18 hour car ride we finally arrive at my cottage down south. It was a blazing 90 degrees already and we couldn't wait to throw our bathing suits on and get to the beach! We stayed at the beach for 8 hours on the first day...that wasn't such a great idea because we went through atleast 4 bottles of aloe vera that night. Note to self:where sunscreen ALL THE TIME! For the next 2 weeks we remembered our sunscreen that's for sure. Anyway to kick off our trip, we went in to town for a nice dinner at a really exspensive but super delicious sea food restuarant (how typical of us).
The first week of our trip was mainly just relaxing and soaking up the sun with our toes in the
beachbeachbeach

On the beach, soakin' up the sun !
sand. We literally would just wake up and go to the beach where we would just tan and swim all day.That was totally fine with us though, we did not care that we were just wasting away our days. At night we went to all the little shops in town on the boulevard, we also hit up the local mini putt a couple times, next tiger woods right here !
During the second week of our trip, we drove 2 hours south and stayed in Orlando,there was a million things to do there.Orlando only has one beach because it is more of a tourist county, it's always fun and exciting. Not one time when we were staying in orlando did we not have anything to do. We explored the water parks,the malls (of course) shopping was a big part of our trip! There was even a huge flea market across the street from our hotel that we checked out a couple times. But the big event or attraction we went to was universal studios! Its a must if you go to Orlando,to go to either disney or universal and so we picked universal. We spent the day there and had
UniversalUniversalUniversal

Getting hit on by super heroes !
so much fun! We rode one of the worlds biggest & fastest rollercoaster...3 times,got hit on by super hero's,went on 3-D rides till we got sick and a TON of other dumb but way fun adventures.
Over the next couple days we toured a lot of Orlando. We went to the "alligator farm" which was exciting, because there was all types of different exotic animals there, including a LOT of alligators obiously. We also visited an old fort called "Castillo De Saint Morcos", a spanish fort from hundreds of years ago. The beach in orlando was alright but it's specialty was the waves for surfing. Shannon or myself had never been surfing before but it was something we wanted to try. So we each payed for lessons and learned how to surf. Even though we weren't very good, it was still awesome !
SO after Orlando, we had driven back to St.Augustine county,where my cottage is to spend our lastdays and nights there. We soaked up as much sand,sun,warmth and water as we could before another long 18 hour drive. On our last day we got up bright and early and made breakfast on the porch/dock, then packed up and set out back to Toronto. Goodbye Sunshine State!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb