Current Plans as of Feb 21st


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » South Miami
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, figured while we still had a wi-fi connection today in Miami we would give you a current update on our plans. It looks pretty definite that our weather window is here! As a result the plan is to go over to a nearby marina this AM to top up the diesel and water tanks, pump out the head and then anchor nearby behind Fisher Island (near the Miami Government Cut). We will spend the night there and then early tomorrow AM we will shove off with 2 other boats heading to the Bahamas as well. We will get together with them this afternoon to do a final review of our charts and then hopefully get a good nights sleep. The trip we are planning will take some time (overnight) as we are going to travel from Miami straight to Nassau. We thought we would go to a closer stop in the Bahamas but as the weather window is very good right now we are going to try to push east as much as possible so we will have time to explore the Exumas (part of the Bahamas).

We do not know how our wi-fi connections will be so wanted to send you a quick note to let you know our plans. Another bit of information we want to pass on is that we are going to disconnect Bob's cell phone and only keep Janice's active for emergency use. We will try to use skype for phone calls to land lines when we have good wi-fi and we are still working on the ability to do email over our SSB. We are getting closer with that but we aren't there yet! Will keep you posted on that.

Sorry about not having any photos this time but didn't have time to do a "full blog" - just wanted to let you know that you all are in our thoughts! You can send messages at any time to us through the blog - just not sure when we will be getting them to respond -will do that whenever we can!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb