Second week in P'cola


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
March 12th 2016
Published: March 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wanted to post a new entry today as tomorrow and Monday are travel days. We had a good second week in Pensacola but the weather was a factor in most of our plans. It has been warm but very windy with clouds and some showers coming in off the Gulf almost every day. We did sneak in a few walks but we didn't get to make any of the motorcycle rides we were hoping for. We took the truck and went to Gulf Shores and drove all the way out to Destin. Would like to go back to the beaches some day when the weather is better as they are wide open and beautiful. We also did our return trip to the Naval Aviation Museum to see the rest of the planes in Hanger 1 and tour the lighthouse. Unfortunately, the lighthouse was closed for repairs so we didn't get to walk up the 700 steps to the top...like that was gonna to happen!! The new upgraded movie theater in the museum just reopened and they had a great 45 minute movie on "Flight" which featured in cockpit video from the Blue Angles. It was almost too realistic. Looking forward to their visit to Pax River and the air show in October. So the big deal this week was teaching Michelle how to play cribbage. She picked it pretty fast, promptly got all the good cards and cleaned my clock. I got even by trouncing her at Scrabble!! We are having lunch with Paul Ratliff today who is down in Pensacola to visit his daughter and tomorrow we are off to Iowa, LA for one night and then across to Texas for the rodeo and a Kenny Chesney concert, compliments of the Texas Carroll Family. Will catch back up next week when we get to San Antonio.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



14th March 2016

Moving on
Ray, Michelle, Glad you are still having a great time visiting beaches and museums. Playing cribbage and scrabble. Hopefully the weather did not get you down too much. Happy trails to LA and TX while visiting old friends. Did not know Michele could fly with the Blue Angels..... Keep enjoying retirement. Doc & Beth.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb