National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
May 29th 2014
Published: May 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

While we are staying here in Foley, AL we decided that we weren't too far from Pensacola so we decided to drive down there to see the Naval Museum. It was about a 45 minute drive from here. It was nice and scenic traveling down the coast. It rained most of the night and most of the day so it was a very dreary day. There weren't any people out on the beaches but when we got to the museum we found out where they all had gone! The parking lot was packed. The museum is very spread out so it didn't feel like it was full. It is a very interesting place with plenty to see. I guess the Blue Angels fly on Mondays and Tuesdays and some Wednesdays weather permitting. Too bad we couldn't have seen them practicing. We did get to see their planes. I took lots of pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

We are going to mosie on down the road tomorrow. We should make it to Savannah, GA on Saturday. We will make that our base camp for a few days as there is a lot to see and do there as well as Hilton Head, SC being in close proximity to visit. We are getting close to our goal destination, the CAROLINA'S! It's getting exciting!

Happy Birthday today to Reta Jo! Hope you had a wonderful birthday missy wherever you guys are right now. Hope everyone in Fresno is staying cool. Miss you all! 😊K


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

S3 VikingS3 Viking
S3 Viking

This explains the GW Bush Plane that is in the previous frame. I guess he landed this plane on a flight deck. Interesting.


30th May 2014

Rick was stationed in Pensacola
Rick was stationed in Pensacola early in his Naval career. I stayed on the base (which is about the size of Clovis!) for about a week. My hotel was right on the beach and Rick told me to go out on to my patio about 6:30 in the morning, which I did, and lo and behold...........I got to watch the Blue Angels practice. What a beautiful site!!!
31st May 2014

So cool!
I was wondering if Rick had been there. That place was so cool. We were bummed that we didn't get the see the Blue Angels. The area was nice and we were glad to got to see what we did.. Miss you!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb